The entire month of February we had our heads down and were hustling to get ready for our absolute first trade show. Now that the event has wrapped we thought we'd share what we learned as first-timers exhibiting in a trade show!
This past Sunday and Monday marked the 43rd annual Ocean City Hotel, Motel, Restaurant Association Trade Show. This is the event of the year for those in the hospitality industry. As a creative agency we hoped to spread the awareness of our brand, and help other business owners grow theirs! Let's start off with some fun memories of the show.
5 Things We Learned From Our First Ever Trade Show:
- Master your elevator pitch beforehand!
- Bring a leads notebook or notepad to keep concise and clear notes on potential clients all in one place.
- Make sure your booth is inviting and not stand-offish.
- Only bring your best work. Quality over quantity!
- Always follow up your introduction/elevator pitch with a question about them.